Supporting women in the coffee industry to improve their quality of life through educational programs and social welfare.
- Trainings and experts
- Monthly talks
- Monthly board meetings
- Water filter project with AFAL and Euracen
- Well-established goals
- Closely tied board of directors
- Established annual fees for members
- IWCA Chapter Relations Chair is a member
- Strong connections with coffee industry professionals
- In February, Lucia Ortiz represented AMCES as a national jury at the Barista National Championship, a week long event that included training and the competition. AMCES donated $250.00 for the event.
- A conference about "Searching for an International Coffee Buyer and Home Brewing Methods" was provided in March through AMCES by Mike Perry and Heather Perry.
- A two day "Barista Training" course was provided by Heather Perry. The event drew 47 baristas and 45 were women.
- An alliance has been formed with AFAL & EURACEN to facilitate the purchase of water filters in 2013.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President - Maria Elena De Botto
Secretary - Carmen Elena de Silva
Treasurer - Patricia Valiente
First Vocal - Ana Lilian de Bolaños
Second Vocal - Sonia Castaneda
First "Vocal" Deputy - Silvia Ortiz
Second "Vocal" Deputy - Maria Pacas
Edificio Procafe Ave. Manuel Gallardo y 13º Calle
Poniente Nueva San Salvador
Phone: 503 25256409
Connect with the Chapter!
Chapter Website: www.mujeresencafe.org