BACKGROUND & MISSION
Whatever happens in the coffee sector in Peru impacts thousands of women and men that are involved in the country's most important agricultural value chain. A Peruvian woman in coffee is a pivotal individual capable of irradiating development and impact from the core of her family to the whole of her community.
IWCA PERU, as a chapter in a country of origin, focuses on empowering small grower women to be equally dignified citizens with sufficient self-esteem, knowhow, and networking to spread wellbeing and development within the coffee sector.
PERU cOFFEE FACTS
- 1 million acres of cultivated coffee land
- 223 thousands families of smallgrowers
- 2 million Peruvians directly and indirectly involved in coffee
- 90% of total agricultural exports
- 70% of field work in coffee done by women
In 2015, IWCA Peru worked led a team of partner organizations to deliver a leadership and training seminar for 200 women in coffee. The three-day, comprehensive, and empowering seminar provided participants with a full range of support and skill-building opportunities. The three days covered areas vital to empowering women in coffee to lead healthy lives and communities. Through partnering with organizations such as Crescendos Alliance and Rainforest Alliance, IWCA Peru gave participants access to key areas such as health services and exams, nutritional information and skill building, market awareness tools such as coffee cupping, and environmental coffee farming improvements such as drench fertilizing techniques.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- President: Rosa Maria Valdivia - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Ana Maria Rojas - email@example.com
- Project Director: Gisela Camminati - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Anggela Sara Garcia - email@example.com
- Treasurer: Mary Marin Aballi - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vocal: Fabiola Ugarte Quiroz - email@example.com
- Vocal: Traudel Gehrmann Mick - firstname.lastname@example.org
Signed IWCA LOU: SCAA April 2015, Seattle USA
Rosa Maria Valdivia, President
email: email@example.com I phone: +51-994605255